The Skinny on Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Your dog relies on Omega-3 fatty acids for many things, including vision and brain development in young puppies, helping manage inflammation in skin and joints, heart health, and a whole host of other physiologic functions.
- Because dogs, as well as humans, are incapable of producing Omega-3 fatty acids on their own, they must get them through their diet.
- Omega-3 fatty acids help manage inflammation, especially in the skin and joints.
- The best sources of Omega-3 fatty acids are Fish Oils, like Dr. Harvey’s Health and Shine.
Omega-3 Fatty acids have been shown to:
- Have anti-inflammatory properties
- Lower the risk of heart disease, cancer, arthritis